Nav Links

Monday, September 7, 2020

Newsletter on the Homegoing of Pastor Lee Patton

 

Pastor Lee Patton graduated to glory on Sunday 6th, 2020 from

San Antonia, Texas.

Yesterday, I posted on my facebook that my good friend, Lee Patton had passed from earth to Heaven. After seeing so many responses from people that new him, and after reading their comments, I could not help but think that the family would richly enjoy reading them. However, they are scattered around and difficult to put together. Because I will be leaving Tampa tomorrow, I would like to place your special and precious memories into the hands of his wife, Irene, and the children.

If you would like to share a special thought about Lee, please help me find it by sending it to Yankee@YankeeArnold.com. I have included some pictures and comments that might help you recall something that would be a blessing to the children and grandchildren. Please keep them short and personal. I’m sure that after the funeral service (this Saturday) has quietened down and friends are gone back home, the loneliness will begin. Those prayers, cards, and precious emails will no doubt bring much comfort. Please send them by Thursday the 10th.


Lee (white pants) was one of many Christian Youth Ranch Directors that brought many teenagers to the Florida Bible College Camps.

Lee was a graduate of Florida Bible College in Miami, Florida. He was a devoted student of the Word of God. Betty and I had the privilege of having Lee in our home for over two years while he attended FBC. He was a ranch director, camp speaker, and took serving the Lord very seriously. We both graduated in 1968 and went into the Indian Bible Mission together.

Lee founded and pastored the Faith Bible Church in San Antonio for over 46 years. The church supported over 50 missionaries every month for many years. Lee was a great family man. His wife, Irene, was one of Betty’s best friends.


 When Lee was just beginning to do his new passion, (Chalk Drawings), I told him to forget it, He just did not have the talent. Boy, was I proved wrong? He would have people spellbound as he had pictures come alive with the special lightning.

Lee could do it all when it came to the ministry. He could play the guitar, sing, act, cut-up, and entertain children, kids, and teenagers.

He was the best student of the Word that I know. I learned more from Lee off the cuff than commentaries I read on purpose.

Have a great Labor day.

Yankee

No comments:

Post a Comment