Nav Links

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dr. Phil Myers' Testimony

My first contact with Florida Bible College occurred in 1967, at the Grove Campus. I was looking forward to doing my graduate work in biology when I stumbled onto the school while passing through Miami. I had already known Christ as my Savior for 15 years, but my comprehension of the Word was shallow, and my understanding of practical ministry was virtually nil.

What I saw during the first seven weeks I spent observing those students in action caused me to forfeit a full-ride teaching fellowship at an Ivy League graduate school and enroll as a freshman at FBC. The training I received was stellar. The passion of the professors was exemplary. The opportunity to rub shoulders daily, and pick the brains of students was priceless. The students were younger than I but had so much wisdom in spiritual matters. They were always conscious of the need to reach the lost. They could move easily through the Scriptures. They were immersed in thinking with a ministry mindset. They had Scripture on the tip of their tongues.

One of the most stunning lessons I learned was that God could use me.

I not only wanted what they had, but deep in my heart I wanted to grow to be worthy of training this kind of servants of the Lord. My years on the faculty at the Hollywood campus were rewarding and humbling. It is a treat to see many of my fellow classmates as well as former students using their lives winning, training, and sending others into the ministry. After decades in fulltime service it is a privilege to serve at Florida Bible College of Tampa, and to watch a growing student body learn the same things that transformed my life forty-five years ago.

I wholeheartedly endorse the principles and distinctives upon which FBC/T is firmly grounded. Pray for us as we prepare a new generation built upon the old Florida Bible College foundation.

Dr. Phil Myers


No comments:

Post a Comment