Nav Links

Friday, July 10, 2020

Yankee’s Traveling Troubles (opportunities)


Yankee’s Traveling Troubles
Ralph “Yankee” Arnold

I often tell the college students that when the Lord is in something, the devil will also be there in the form of trouble. I believe most people are afraid to be afraid. Jesus continually told his disciples, “be not afraid”. Courage is fear that says its prayers and goes ahead. If you desire the best scriptures that describes the Christian life, read the last half of II Corinthians verses 23-31. It describes what Paul was willing to face to get the gospel to the lost.

Many times, I have had someone tell me, “Pastor, I’ve got some bad news for you.” I would quickly say, “No, you have some news, I’ll decide if it’s good or bad.” Opportunities usually come disguised as troubles as revealed in this amazing trip.

·        The generator for running the two air conditioners and microwave went out, a power surge from electrical power hook-up caused us two lose those two air conditioners,  and microwave was fried.   Radiator developed a leak and the motor ran hot on three small hills.  Betty broke her little toe and has been hobbling for about a month.

Php 1:12  But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel
Denver and Jan Couch were led to the lord by Dr. Hank Lindstrom many years ago at Calvary Community Church in Tampa. They now live in Henryville, Indiana, where we had planned to stay for a couple days before heading over the mountains into North Carolina on I-40.
They have a beautiful home in the country that borders the national forest. Our two-day stay turned into a week. We knew we had to repair the radiator, but who would do this on 4th of July weekend? Denver had this man come and replace the old one with a new one. Look at this.
DUE TO THIS LAYOVER
These five boys came over to their ranch type room for game time. Denver said, “Go get them.” Three of them trusted the Lord. There were other men who came to do work on the property, and five more trusted the Lord. We had two home Bible studies around the kitchen table with different people.
I had made no plans to speak on July 5th, so I went on the internet to find a church to preach. I knew that this would be a miracle on such a short notice. I called a preacher and told him that I was available to speak if he wanted me. He said he would let me know. He called back and said that would be fine. When I looked up the church on youtube, I noticed that their doctrinal statement taught everything I stand against. I thought, I really messed-up.
Was I surprised! Patrick Stepp (on the left) had been following my youtube channel and sharing my teaching with the Pastor Albert Cross (left). They were surprised that I called, and I was surprised when I came. We had a great time together. Remember, none of this would have happened without the troubles (I mean opportunities). Yes, the next day, a man got both air conditioners running again. We are now in Asheville area of North Carolina.

Denver and Jan Couch were the perfect host. They furnished us with a great room, meals cooked specially by Denver, spaces to walk and contemplate the goodness of God, the time and place to fix the motor-home, and opportunities to make new friends.
I pray you enjoy my updates. Love to hear from you.
Contact Yankee at: Yankee@yankeearnold.com

No comments:

Post a Comment