Nav Links

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Only Eternal Security Explains Salvation by Grace


ONLY “ETERNAL SECURITY” CAN EXPLAIN SALVATION BY GRACE
Ralph “Yankee” Arnold

Woe to every preacher who fails to preach the gospel of eternal security. The apostle Paul said, “Woe unto me if I preach not the gospel,” and also stated that he was, “Not ashamed of the gospel for it was the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth.”

You cannot adequately explain grace without eternal security conclusion. For a person who believes they can lose their salvation, must mean they believe they can still go to Hell. Do you believe that a person is going to Heaven when they honestly believe they are going to Hell? Grace cannot be scripturally explained without the teaching of eternal security, it is impossible. To be justified by faith alone is to be eternally secure. No other option is acceptable.

Back in 1961, I was talking to a well-known Baptist preacher. I had only been saved a couple months when I asked him if he believed in once saved always saved. He told me, “Son, I do believe in once you are saved (meaning eternal security) you are always saved, but that is something that we don't tell the lost man because it's a “family secret.” Wrong! It is the lost-man's good news.

Being ashamed of eternal security is being ashamed of what Christ did (paid for all my sins so that I would have none to pay for) and what Christ said (He that believeth HATH ETERNAL LIFE). Therefore, “Christ died for our sinsaccording to the scriptures. Question, for how many of my sins did Christ pay? Some, most, or all? You know why Christ paid for all my sins? Because he did not want me to pay for any of my sins. The real reason I cannot go to Hell today is because I do not have any sins to pay for. The reason I cannot go to Hell in the future is because Christ paid for those also. Are you ashamed of these great truths in the gospel?

When Christ came back from the dead, the only thing he wanted any of us to do was to believe that he did it for us. Only believing puts that death payment to my account. John 3:16 says, that I am guaranteed two things will happen when I believe.
FIRST guarantee:
I will not perish (meaning, I cannot go to Hell or ever be condemned in the future John 5:24).
SECOND guarantee:
I have everlasting life (I am guaranteed to go to Heaven)
THIS IS ETERNAL SECURITY. IT IS NOT A SEPARATE DOCTRINE IN SALVATION-IT IS THE GOSPEL.

Are you ashamed of the gospel itself or are you ashamed of what people might say about the truth of the gospel such as:
·       You are given people a license to sin
·       You mean people can live any way they please and still go to Heaven.
·       Are you afraid because it may split your church?
If you are ashamed to stand for the truth of the gospel you need to resign from your church immediately and get an honest job.
  
If salvation is by works in any quantity or quality, all the following statements must be true.
  • There must be a change in their life.
  • One cannot live or practice sin in their life either accidentally or on purpose.
  •  One should doubt their salvation if they have not turned from all sins in their life.
  • One should doubt their salvation if there are areas that have not been totally dedicated to the Lord; for as they say if Christ is not Lord of all - he is not Lord at all, and if Christ is not Lord of your life you are not saved. (This is heresy.)
  • There must be evidences of salvation to know or guarantee that one is genuinely saved. (Who is this evidence for?)
  • If good works are not consistently produced and improving it must mean that one has lost their salvation, or it proves that they never had salvation because they did not persevere in the faith.
ALL THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE PROOF OF A
FALSE GOSPEL.
If a man is saved by grace, then none of the above is necessary, because none of those statements are true.
  •  According to grace, eternal security is what produces the offense of the gospel; because no works been required before during or after salvation is very offensive to the religious man
  • Take away eternal security and all religions will accept some form of salvation by grace, because grace is not offensive if some works are added as proof. The absence of quality works will automatically cause one to question their salvation. Preachers are to blame.
  •  Not to explain eternal security to a new believer is to automatically open them up to works for security if they were saved at all.
  • Eternal security should be the main issue in the presentation of the gospel; not a add on if there is time to cover it.
  •   If you believe a person can be saved without it, then you also must believe that all religions that teach any form of trust in Christ are saved also regardless of what else they believe.
·       What is the value of these verses without understanding their meaning? These verses all teach eternal security, but without understanding their meaning, they have no value.
o   John 3:16
o   John 6:47
o   John 5:24
  • When you believe in eternal security by grace alone, then you will see there is no need for the doctrine of perseverance in the faith as taught by Calvinists.
  • When you believe in eternal security you have eliminated the element of fear about losing your salvation.
  • When you believe in eternal security you have the proper foundation for a sustained peace of mind during your earthly journey and a solid foundation on which to build your walk with the Lord.
  • When you believe in eternal security you have established the only foundation of value for the message of the gospel.
FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE: PREACH THE GOSPEL
DON’T BE ASHAMED OF IT! IT IS GOOD NEWS.
To obtain salvation it is a decision  to trust Christ.
To obtain rewards it is a commitment to serve Christ.
This message on the gospel has nothing to do with service.

Wayne Graham wrote the following on June 27th 2020.
I was stuck in the Lordship salvation garbage. I could not, for many years, figure out why I could not live like them, being all “perfect” and all. I still fought with habits and sin. Then one day, I found a pastor named Ralph Yankee Arnold on you tube from Tampa Florida. I fought with it, listened, and one day, realized that I am a sinner, we all are, read 1 Corinthians 15 1-4, understood God’s real Grace thru faith, and have felt the world lift off my shoulders. God loves me, even as a sinner, Jesus, died for my sins, was buried, and resurrected on the 3rd day. I don’t look at my sin no more. I know I have ever lasting life and go to heaven when I die. My sins, ALL have been forgiven, I am clothed in white, GOD don’t see my sins, sees my righteousness bathed in the blood of Christ. God’s grace is great, relief, sets you free. Do I still battle everyday with sin? Yes, I do. Because I am a sinner, and flesh is sinful; but my inside is a new man, my flesh is the old man. Thank you, God, for loving me, thank you Jesus for dying for my sins. Thank you for your promise.
Love to hear from you.
Contact Yankee at: Yankee@yankeearnold.com

No comments:

Post a Comment