Nav Links

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Welcome to Yankee’s Extended Family in Minnesota


Welcome to Yankee’s Extended Family in Minnesota
Ralph “Yankee” Arnold
The people we win to Christ will be our glory, joy, and crown of rejoicing when we get to Heaven.  I went to Northern Minnesota in March of 1969 and led many souls to Christ. 
Act 15:36: "And some days after, Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do. "
It flooded my soul with joy to see so many of my children in the Lord with many of their children still serving the Lord.  After 50 years, many have gone to be with the Lord.
Paul said  1Th 2:19:  "For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing?  Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
1Th 2:20  For ye are our glory and joy."
John 15:8: "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples."  If you want to glorify the lord, then win souls. 
 
The lady standing is Maxine Goble.  It was in her home that the revival started in Dora Lake in 1969. I led her husband, Rodney, to the Lord and that lit the match that started a fire.  LaDonna Adams, sitting beside Betty, trusted the Lord after I led her husband, Danny, to the Lord.  Danny became the pastor of the Good News Bible Church for about 35 years before going home to be with the Lord.
John 15:16 says: "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:
 When I was leaving Dora Lake, this young man of 16 (Bobby) called me on my CB radio to tell me that he trusted the Lord.  He wept as he thanked me for coming to Dora Lake.
Danny trusted the Lord when he was about 10 years old.  Each one of these men gave me a big hug and thanked me for leading them to Christ so many years ago.  Soul-winning has its reward.  To deprive a person of Eternal Security is to deprive them of the power of the gospel.
 I found out this week that I led Gwen Padgett and her daughter, Kim, to the Lord at that time also.  Her husband (Jim) was helpful in getting me to Minnesota.
 The Hines brothers (Ronnie and Dennis) were led to the Lord by Ronnie Goble who was teaching a Sunday School class.  They are both preachers of the gospel. Many pastors are not preachers of the gospel and many preachers of the gospel are not pastors.  All believers are to preach the gospel. Act 8:4 says: "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word."
 Patti was just a little girl when I led her to Christ 50 years ago. It was so refreshing to travel the country to see how some of my children in Christ are doing. 

Clint Smith trusted the Lord while I was riding with him in his dad’s truck, when he was about 10 years old. He later went to Colorado Bible College and now preaches the gospel.
As we traveled this summer, Dennis and Patti gave us a parking place at their beautiful home on the lake.  Why were these men witnessing within 24 hours of their salvation?  Because I taught them the truth of the gospel (Eternal Security) within my gospel presentation. Eternal security is the good news.  Here are some of the problems of an incomplete gospel message. Many are told to believe John 6:47:  "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."  This all you must do, but not all you  need to know.  This is preached by many Christian organizations, but without producing salvation (meaning that people  still do not know where they are going when they die). Without being eternally secure, people will naturally and logically question and doubt their salvation. They ask, "What if I sin again? Can I give salvation back?  Can I lose it? What if I do not serve God?"  They cannot convince someone of something they are not convinced of themselves.  Salvation and security are not separate doctrines.
 I love this man in the Lord. He told me one day, “Yankee, I know you told me salvation was free, but I’ve never worked so hard in all my life since I met you”. He goes with his brother, Dennis, every year to Arizona for about 6 months of the year to preach the gospel.
 I led Tom Adams to the Lord, who later pastored the Good News Bible Church in CoHassett, Minn.  He led Lance Adminster to the Lord.  Lance is now starting a new church.  These men are all strong “Free Grace” preachers.
 
 Last year, Betty was going into a coma while in the hospital. I am so pleased that she is getting some much-needed rest while seeing many precious friends on our journey. Jim Smith  had this picture of Betty and me from 50 years ago.

Love to hear from you.
Contact Yankee at: Yankee@yankeearnold.com

No comments:

Post a Comment