This is the sermon that I wish every God called preacher would hear and preach.
Hab 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
I am posting my notes that are simple and plain so that he that hears what I said may run with it. I will interject many comments during my message that are not in the notes.
If Eternal Security Is Not True
Dr. Ralph “Yankee” Arnold
TEXT: 1Cor. 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. (The point is that if one part is not true, neither is the other part that depends on its validity.)
- If there was no resurrection, there was no payment for sins.
- If there was no payment for all of man’s sins there could be no payment made for man that was of any value. He could not pay for all my sins, while leaving me a payment to make.
- If he did not pay my total debt, he did not pay my sin debt.
- If he did not pay my total sin debt, he cannot be my Redeemer.
- If he cannot be my Redeemer, He cannot be my Savior.
- If he cannot be my Savior, I cannot have salvation and I would have no song to sing.
If Eternal Security is not true, there can be no new song because I would still be lost. There would be no praise because God had in reality done nothing for me.
Psa 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
Psa 40:4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. (IF Eternal Security is not true, then the Word of God bears witness that God has lied to us.)
1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.( If there is no resurrection, there is no basis for HOPE.) We are not only miserable but deceived, stupid, and very foolish.
IF Eternal Security is not true, then we have:
- Put our trust in the Lord to save us from Hell which he did not do.
- Put our trust in the Lord to give us Eternal Life which he did not do.
- Put our trust in the Lord to save us by grace which he did not do.
- Put our trust in the Lord to give us mercy which he did not do.
- Put our trust in the Lord to give us forgiveness of all our sins which he did not do.
IF Eternal Security is not true, then God cannot be trusted and you do not know, nor can you know for sure where you are going when you die. IF salvation is not eternal, then Christ never finished the job. “It is finished”, is not true.
If eternal security is not true, then these scriptures are not true.
- 1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life,
- Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
- Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
- Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
- Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
- Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
- Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
If eternal security is not true, then:
- We are still lost and Jesus failed. Luk 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- We are still without hope and Jesus failed. Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, … having no hope, and without God in the world:
- There is no security at all; not even for a moment of time in time.
- There is no grace at all.
- There is no mercy at all.
- There is no salvation at all.
WHY IS THE DOCTRINE OF ETERNAL SECURITY SO OFFENSIVE, BECAUSE IT IS THE TOTAL EXPRESSION OF THE TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL? WITHOUT ETERNAL SECURITY THERE IS NO GOSPEL.
Eternal Security is the only doctrine that follows mercy, grace, love, forgiveness, and justification to the very end (or conclusion) of its meaning. Without Eternal Security, these words have no meaning in Biblical Theology. Eternal Security is the fulfilment of God’s promise to justify the heathen through faith without works.
PRAISE THE LORD FOR GOD CANNOT LIE:
Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;If eternal security is not true, then there is no song to sing
There is no Savior, no Redeemer, and no Christ the King.
I have no song to sing if salvation can be lost
It would only prove that Jesus failed to pay my total cost
God the father said to God the son that salvation would be free
And that his payment would suffice for all eternity.
I am his child and my fate is sealed.
I rest in Christ and His promise is real
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Dr. Ralph 'Yankee' Arnold, Pastor
Calvary Community Church of Tampa
4811 George Rd.
Tampa, FL 33634