Nav Links

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Pillars and Killers in the Church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNm_F4alwJQ

VIDEO / NOTES

“PILLARS AND KILLERS OF THE CHURCH”


Pastor Ralph “Yankee” Arnold

TEXT: Mark 7:5-9,
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and
many such like things do ye.  (Mark 7:13)
Introduction:        The Lord gives Pillars to the Church. The Devil gives Killers to the church. This message is for the church body as a whole and personally for the individual child of God.
And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.  (Mark 8:15)


Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.  (Matthew 16:6)

THE KILLERS

  1. BEWARE OF THE LEAVEN OF THE PHARISEES

Guilty of the doctrine of SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS

    1. Luke 18:9-14, Gal. 5:9, Gal. 1:6-9
    2. Legalistic; adds works to the Gospel. It kills the message of Grace. It will not save.
  1.  BEWARE OF THE LEAVEN OF THE SADDUCEES 

Guilty of denying the power of the SUPERNATURAL

READ: Matt. 22:23-32

    1. The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,  (Matthew 22:23)
    2. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.  (Matthew 22:29)
    3. The church is dead when she does not allow the power of God to work in their lives.
  1. BEWARE OF THE LEAVEN OF THE HERODIANS

Guilty of the doctrine of MATERIALISM (“Cares of this world”)

a.      Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute (money) unto Caesar, or not?  (Matthew 22:17)

b.      Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:  (Matthew 6:19)

c.       When the church loses its’ eye for the things of the Lord, it will die.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.  (Matthew 6:22)

LEAVEN WILL DESTROY GOD’S PLAN OR PURPOSE FOR HIS CHURCH

AND HIS CHILDREN IN PARTICULAR.

His Plan for me

When I stand at the judgment seat of Christ, and he shows his plan for me. The plan of my life as it might have been, had he had his way and I see.

How I blocked him here and I checked him there, and I would not yield my will.  

Will there be grief in my Savior’s eyes, grief though he loves me still.

He would have me rich and I stand there poor, stripped of all but his grace,

While memory runs like a haunted dream, down the paths I cannot retrace.

Then my desolate heart will nigh break, with the tears I cannot shed,

I shall cover my face with my empty hands; I shall bow my uncrowned head.

Lord of the years that are left for me, I give them into thy hands,

Take me, and break me, mold me, and make me into the pattern that thou hast planned.

THE PILLERS

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.  (Galatians 2:9)

For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 

(1 Corinthians 3:9)

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.  (1 Corinthians 3:10)

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  (1 Corinthians 3:11)

Pillars are builders.

a.      Men who will stand for salvation by Grace  

b.      Men who believe in the supernatural power of God to produce the new birth.

c.       Men who will put killers out of the church and put pillars in.

d.      Men who will stand in the power of God’s might. “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”  (Ephesians 6:10)

e.      Men who can stand against the temptations of the Devil. “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”  (Ephesians 6:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment