Nav Links

Friday, May 11, 2018

Yankee's Sermon Outlines for Videos

Yankee's Sermon Outlines for Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvfyhE6XD10
This message is designed for believers who are dealing with difficulty
in managing their anger.
(Use these notes to follow the video)
TRIPPING OVER TROUBLES
Pastor Ralph “Yankee” Arnold
TEXT:       (Read James 1:13-21)
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  (James 1:19)
 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.  (James 1:20)
 Good quote: “Don’t trouble trouble until troubles trouble you.”
1.     When anger is EXPRESSED
Anger expressed immediately is usually explosive and damaging. The solution to a problem is to strike out to hurt someone or something. (It damages others)
Learn how to make the most out of your troubles.
Different problems are designed to produce different responses.
Additional reading: Ex. 32:1-32, Num. 11:1-6, Num. 20:2-12,
2.     When anger is REPRESSED
(Clam-up to prevent feelings, desires, or ideas from being expressed: not to think about or consider-as though it does not exist). Usually these two types of people marry. This type of anger is usually physiologically damaging. They fail to face reality. Pretending it will just go away. (It damages yourself with stress which can cause physical ailments).
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:  (Ephesians 4:26)
A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.  (Proverbs 29:11)
3.   When anger is SUPPRESSED
(It means to prevent the development, action, or expression of (a feeling, impulse, idea, etc.); restrain. Without some satisfactorily facts it will tend to build up uncontrolled pressure. (It damages yourself with stress which can cause physical ailments and emotional distress).
The person will lock it up for the short haul. Like trying to close a suitcase that is too full. One side locks long enough for people think you have great control, only to snap open in the presence of someone else. Sometimes an innocent person becomes the recipient of uncontrolled explosions.
4.   When anger is CONFESSSED
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  (1 John 1:9) When we confess our sins to the Lord, we have a way to vent unhealthy pressure from our own lives.

If we are the source or cause of someone else’s anger, asking forgiveness is the key to reducing their pressure to respond in an unchristian way and it helps to remove the pressure caused by guilt in your own life.
What do you do when you get mad or filled with anger?
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:  (Hebrews 12:14)
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;  (Hebrews 12:15)
(Will you hit something or someone, scream, or hold it in so nobody will know?)
  • Anger is a form of great energy, you can use it to correct, build, or destroy. It also dispenses energy quickly, which may leave you totally exhausted mentally and physically.
  • Remember:  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  (James 1:19) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.  (James 1:20)
  • The good Lord gave us two ears and 1 mouth. We should listen twice as much as we speak.
  • If you speak before you put your brain in gear you will probably make the best speech you will ever regret.
  • What a drunk says when he is drunk, is probably what he thinks when he is sober.
When trouble is brewing   Keep still       Slow to wrath
When slander is stewing    Keep still.      Slow to wrath
When feelings are hurt      Keep still       Slow to wrath
  • When you cannot control your words, actions, or attitude, wait until you have recovered from your source of agitation. One of the fruits of the Spirit is longsuffering.
  • It means to be long fused. Give yourself time to reflect honestly before God. To be short fused means to be quickly explosive.
  • For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.  (James 1:20) The righteousness of God is the practical Godlessness that’s developed in your life.
Moving from a double-minded man to a righteous man
James 1:1-20                         God has a purpose   Patience to LEARN
James 1:21-2:26                   Swift to hear             Patience to HEAR
James 3:1-18                         Slow to speak            Patience to SPEAK
James 4:1-5:12                      Slow to wrath           Patience to REPOND
James 5:13-20                      Power of patience    Patience to PRAY
SATAN’S BEEN WORKING ON ME
Poem written by Dr. Ralph “Yankee” Arnold, Pastor
(read to the tune of “God's been Working on Me”)

                                     I was down and out the other day
And I didn’t have the strength to go God’s way.
So I changed my shout to a pout
And no friend was there to help me out.
I’m so discouraged, woe is me
CAUSE, Satan’s been working on me.

CHORUS:      Satan’s been working on me
                        To make me what I shouldn’t be
                        It makes me so mad I cannot see
The purpose of his working on me.

I criticize to justify defeat
I jump on everyone I meet
I seem to hurt the ones that I love
People say they care but no one does
I’m so discouraged, woe is me
CAUSE, Satan’s been working on me.

No one cares if I live or I die
I don’t even know why I try
All the good I attempt, I always sin
My whole world is caving in
I’m so discouraged, woe is me
CAUSE, Satan’s been working on me.

Satan is alive on planet Earth
Troubles start from the day of your birth
Victory over Satan is your right
If you walk by faith and not by sight
I’m not discouraged, God’s with me
Tho, Satan’s keeps working on me.

Just remember all the while
You are God’s protected child
Be not discouraged nor dismayed
The victory in the cross, is love displayed.
Satan’s still working on me,
But God has promised victory
All God’s children shall prevail
To see the Devil placed in Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment