Nav Links

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sermon Outline for "Spiritual Examination"


Sermon Outline for "Spiritual Examination"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVV_gw0sRlU
To video click HERE

OUR SPIRITUAL EXAMINATION

Pastor Ralph “Yankee” Arnold
TEXT:       Romans 12:1-2
1.      To present your body as a living sacrifice is crucial to spiritual growth.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  (Romans 12:1)
2.    To present your minds to be renewed by the Word of God is crucial to discerning God’s perfect will.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.  (Romans 12:2)
3.    To present your will to the Lord you must yield (surrender) to his authority.
Romans 6:11-16 (Read)
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  (1 Corinthians 6:19)
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  (1 Corinthians 6:20)
4.    MY EYE TEST                (How are my eyes?)
a.                Heb. 12:1        Can’t you see that if God is faithful to the Old Testament saints he will be faithful to you?
b.                I Cor. 2:9       If God hasn’t told us everything, can’t you see that God likes surprises?
c.                II Cor. 5:7      Can you see that we walk by faith in what God says, not in what we see?
d.           John 4:35       Can you see the people that needs to be reached?
e.               Eph. 1:18        Can you see that spiritual eyesight is the result of spiritual understanding?
f.                Eph. 5:15        Can you see that wisdom is being able to see where you walk?
g.                II COR. 4:18  Can you see into eternity? (dirt in the eyes?)
5.     MY EAR TEST      (How are my ears?)
a.                  James 1:22    To understand is to hear, to hear and understand is to do.
b.                  Phil. 4:9         The peace of God is to those who do what God’s word taught.
c.                  Rom. 10:17    If hearing comes by the Word are you spending time with God?
d.                   Heb. 5:11        To be tired of hearing is to be tired of doing.
6.    TEST OF THE TONGUE:  Has it been seasoned with salt? Are your words palatable?
a.                     James 3:8      To discipline the tongue you must discipline the mind. Is your    tongue telling on you?
b.                     (Ephesians 4:29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 
c.                       James 3:5      It only takes a spark to get a fire going. How many fires have you started?
d.                       Rom. 1:15       Speaking the gospel is a proper use of the tongue.
7.    THE ATTITUDE TEST:
a.                        Phil. 2:5-8     Is your submission to Christ done with a sweet humble   spirit?
b.                       Phil. 4:8         A proper thought life gives birth to proper actions.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  (Philippians 4:8)
c.                   II Cor. 10:5    Are you a voluntary love-slave of Jesus Christ?
d.                  II Cor. 11:3     Are you allowing your mind to be corrupted? 
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.  (2 Corinthians 11:3)
e.                  II Tim. 1:7      Is your life governed by FEAR or LOVE?
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  (2 Timothy 1:7)
f.                  James 1:8      Does your life reflect a double minded man?
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.  (James 1:8)
A FEW COMMENTS ON RECEIVING MY NOTES
I just wanted to let you know that I really like the sermon notes. Please keep them coming. Also the YouTube videos and Bible Line stuff is invaluable. I have used it so much and when possible watch it on my lunch break. Thank you for all that you do for the Gospel and people.
Very respectfully, Mike

This has been a difficult week.
The Notes help me clarify what is happening.
Applying them will be a challenge but a clear way to resolve my situation.
Thank you
M.L. (An occasional visitor)

Hi Pastor Arnold,
Having these sermon notes to go along with the message is awesome!
Just wanted to let you know.
Thank you! A.A.
Yankee
    First of all, I want to thank you for your drive for the Lord, Your drive for Calvary, Your drive for FBC, and all supporters and workers in the LORD. You have led them, to that drive, they now have. They are awesome. 
    You are a blessing from the Lord.  I am thankful you picked up, where Hank left off.  You are the only earthly source of guidance I have (that's sort of weird, we've never met, just on the phone).  You have taught me how to feed myself, thanks for that.  Without that, I can't even think about it.  And, yes that poem is so right on, it almost freaks me out. It's real, and has been happening constantly to me. Yes, you still ride with me every day, in my car, giving me the sermons I need to hear.  Thanks for allowing the Lord to use you, as He has.  You have ignited many flames in the wind. Thank you. 
    Oh, to answer your question about the outlines, thanks, they are helpful.  I usually listened to your sermons, over and over and over, to get what the points you made, making sure of every one. That also helps me memorize scripture, which I have done ever since the Lord showed I could memorize scripture that way. (I tried, at first, to make excuses why I couldn't memorize scripture). He let me know, if I could memorize words to useless songs, I could memorize His Word. 
Looking forward to the meeting in the air, what a Grand Picture.
Stay healthy,  D.
Hi Pastor,
Thx for the sermon on anger – I will use that for our Friday night RU addictions recovery program!
 Hope all is well with you all in FL. D.R.
 Enjoyed your notes. Frank
 Hey,
So much better to have the notes, it makes it easier to go back and reflect and add our own notes to.
Thanks for the sermon. George
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE!!!! They are such a blessing to me. Thank Jesus for this ministry!!!
God Bless you and your ministry!!!-d
I would like to know if having the notes with the sermons are useful. You may let me know by emailing me at: yankee@yankeearnold.com




No comments:

Post a Comment