Nav Links

Monday, January 29, 2018


 Dr. A. Ray Stanford
A
"Master Soul-winner"

View this 26 minute video

Ray was born in Winter Haven, Florida and passed into glory on
May 21, 2012 at the golden age of 95. 

Ray speaks on
"SOUL-WINNING"
Ray trusted Jesus Christ as a grown man and never attended Bible College for formal training. Ray was a polished shaft that the Lord used to drive the point home as to the clarity of the Gospel. (Isa_49:2,  And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;).
Although Ray was more like an uncut diamond, I considered his loving presentation of the Gospel for the lost and his compassionate challenge to the believer to win souls, brighter than any man I have ever met.  
I worship no man, but I recognize the value of those things I learned from those who has greatly enhanced my Christian life. Through his life, he has trained many thousands on his specialized techniques of winning people to Christ.
This 26 minute opening only contains his introduction to his hour long message where he tells the Jim Tingen Story to over 1500 screaming teenagers at the Christian Youth Ranch Summer Conference in Hollywood, Florida back in the early 70’s.
I'm very thankful to Ray for many pictures and for permission to write the book on the Jim Tingen Story. Outside of the Gospel, hearing Ray Stanford tell the Jim Tingen story was the most powerful story I had ever heard. It was a story that ran the limits of emotional highs and lows, tears and laughter, and suspense as great as any drama presentation I had ever encountered. It was used as a tremendous training tool on what it means to have a burden for souls, how to witness, and what sacrifice is all about.


“During the Dare 2 Share Revolution Tour, we decided to use a true story, the story of Jim Tingen. This story absolutely blew the teenagers away. Almost 50,000 teenagers were motivated to share their faith during this tour and were deeply impacted by the Jim Tingen story. Around 5,000 teenagers came to Christ during this tour as well. One of the big reasons I am doing what I’m doing today at Dare 2 Share is because I heard the Jim Tingen story when I was a teenager.”
                                                                                    —Greg Stier, Dare 2 Share


After watching the video, please feel free to make a comment about what Ray meant to you. Only complimentary comments are requested as I would like to forward them to his wife, Susan, his son, Lee, and two daughters, Jane and Patti.

Yankee
yankee@yankeearnold.com


No comments:

Post a Comment